After pursuing her passion for law in New York City, Kowana Johnson, a Napoleonville native, embraced a significant career change — one that she hopes will inspire her family, friends and admirers.
Herman "Hy" Goldman turned 101 this weekend and won't quit after 73 years working at the same New Jersey job.
To spark an interest in science, technology, engineering and math among girls, Girl Scouts of Louisiana East created a new First LEGO League this summer in Houma for fourth- through eighth-grade girls.
Whether you're in a boat, near a bayou, at the beach or just hanging around the backyard, when summer thunderstorms start, it's important to pay attention and stay safe.
Facts show that today's parents and caregivers suffer from exhaustion due to lack of sleep, hormone changes, stress, changes in their normal routines. Extra duties are required just to get ready and out of the door on time.
More Living News
- Houma memories clarified
Study questions need for most people to cut salt
Study drops hints that dogs could get jealous
Houma native hopes to share city's talent
Former Tigerettes practice for reunion
Outgoing leader presented award
Club member receives award
Parish president signs proclamation
Artist aims to open dialogue on coastal issues
- Make sure your kids are eating right this August
- Reunions: Aug. 3, 2013
Here's how to remove crawfish holes from your lawn
- Review: 3Doodler is fun but quirky ‘3-D pen’
So you’ve decided to rent out your home? Some tips
- Escaping email: Inspired vision or hallucination?
Brent St. Germain
- Ward Six: Buy lunch to help stroke survivor
- Raceland: Register your child for CCD classes
- Lockport: Date night for married couples is Aug. 16
- Grand Caillou: Classes help students learn about Jesus
- Pointe-aux-Chenes: Recite the rosary as a family
- Montegut: Volunteers needed to clean church
- Chauvin: See what’s going on at senior center
- Bourg: Local club looking for used eyeglasses