Letters to the editor
I want to thank Ms. Dee, Margaret, Mr. Arthur and Mr. Robert for their special kindness and help for so many years of service. Due to the closing of our Raceland Rouses La. 1 store that I shopped at since 1979, I am writing this letter.
Once again some of our elected board members put their wants before the needs of the children. The vote taken giving them a free computer and free Internet at home was passed 9-6. Note: These are free, with taxpayer money. I thank the six of you who...
Do we need transportation issues solved with common sense and money we already have? I say yes. You asked your Legislature for innovative transportation financing solutions to make improvements without impacting your bottom line.
A recent newspaper ran a story with the headline, "La. school draws fire for prayer boxes." The ACLU is accusing The Bossier City School Board of wrongfully promoting religion for allowing the Fellowship of Christian Athletes to set up prayer...
I am against Dana Brown's opinion in the Sept. 28 paper changing the language in the Clean Water Act to make farming and ranching almost impossible and take away more private property rights.
The recent death of Mr. Gus Falgout Sr. of Raceland, as posted in your obituary section, may have not been of great significance to many of your readers.
Syrians and Iraqis are flooding Europe seeking a new life. European countries allowed 20 million people from the Middle East and North Africa to enter after World War II. They now number 50 million, and they refuse to integrate into Western...
Previous Letters to the editor
- Know who you are supporting on election day
- Lawmakers made some tough decisions for health care
- Champions for Healthcare deserve our gratitude
- How about some truth for a change?
- Lafourche voters cannot fall for the campaign rhetoric
- The U.S. is in crisis, and only you can help resolve it
- Push poll is meant to deceive voters about candidate
- The real purveyors of hate and bigotry
- Celebrate the Constitution this week
- Keep kids and pets safe
- The enemy at our doors
- Recent crashes are reminders
- There are some good people
- Gun control is necessary
- We need to stop fighting one other
- Is America's CO2 the problem?
- Start enforcing immigration laws
- All this uproar over an opinion?
- Where is all the outrage?
- Plan was always to raze school
- Column gave the wrong impression
- Iran agreement jeopardizes security
- Column on posts was unfair
- Reader responds to column
- Terrebonne Parish news is troubling
- Political correctness
- Our nation must change its ways
- Opportunity for Change
- Animal cruelty is a red flag
- Confusion abounds