Letters to the editor
The U.S. Senate should just say no to Obama’s nominee for attorney general, Loretta Lynch. She agrees with Obama’s executive order giving amnesty to more than 5.1 million illegal immigrants that should have been deported long ago.
While the “Deflategate” controversy continues to make headlines, there’s another scandal involving footballs that no one’s talking about, and it has nothing to do with air pressure.
Schools across the nation are now considering banning children who don’t have their measles vaccines. Banning pizza and chicken nuggets from entering schools could eradicate an even greater epidemic: childhood obesity.
If you are familiar with the fair tax, you probably know it's a national sales tax that would completely replace the income tax.
While I do not dispute that 67 percent of out-of-school suspensions and 68 percent of expulsions for black students seem high considering black students make up 44 percent of public school students, has the newspaper called anyone in the state...
The lone wolf. This term is used frequently these days referring to a single terrorist.
One thing about a lone wolf is that he's are never far from the wolfpack.
Today the wolfpack is online with telephone and computer connections.
Well, it’s a new year. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a great New Year celebration. I wish all of you well.
Previous Letters to the editor
- Our nation is under attack
- Add your voice to the call
- Let's change the U.S. food system
- We're crippling higher education
- Thank you for the help, support
- Congratulations Tigers, Cardinals
- Please, no box store here
- Protesters aren't helping
- China is buying U.S. companies
- Congress has no accountability
- Thank you to a good officer
- Protect pets during travel
- Another timely reminder
- Missing ‘Captain' Glen Gomez
- Thank you to coaches, staff
- Editorial was unfair to Jindal
- We must learn from tragedy
- Helping you go smoke-free
- The continuing moral decline
- Hollowing our military
- Vote of confidence for Louisiana
- Come enjoy the new boat launch
- Sales tax hike isn’t good for us
- This isn't going to fix Washington
- Vote no on sales tax hike
- This isn't the time for raises
- Support the tax for the schools
- Levee lawsuit illustrates racket
- Vote for school worker raises
- Why I’m not with Mary