Letters to the editor
Louisiana’s congressional delegation has rightly criticized an Obama administration budget recommendation that would redirect Outer Continental Shelf oil and gas revenue currently dedicated to restoring and protecting Louisiana’s coast...
On March 24, I attended a Press Club meeting here in New Orleans at which time LSU President King Alexander warned that proposed state budget cuts would hurt Louisiana’s business climate. The doomsday proposed budget scenario would be a...
There is a huge difference between our presidential leaders of today and years ago. The culture of America is changing rapidly. The world of socialism and communism is invading America. The next step is dictatorship. We are almost there. Read below...
I've been told there are people afraid of the fair tax. The Fair Tax Act of 2015 is 131 pages long.
Due to Statement No. 68, accounting and financial reporting for pensions, of the Governmental Accounting Standard Board, Louisiana government agencies will wake up to find a liability on their books for their prorated share of the unfunded...
Last week, Gov. Jindal announced that he plans to propose a process in the upcoming legislative session that will end all of our progress toward better preparing our students for their futures. What is his plan? To turn back the clock in classrooms...
Ringling’s business decision to take elephants off the road by 2018 comes on the heels of a successful push by the Animal Rights Foundation of Florida, PETA and other groups to ban bullhooks — sharp fireplace poker–like weapons...
Previous Letters to the editor
- Give Grover Norquist a break
- The world is now at war
- Make Congress support veterans
- Where is outcry over abortion?
- Obama desperate to change U.S.
- Goodbye to a boss and a friend
- Board showed wrong attitude
- Common Core is about control
- Decision was a good one
- United we stand, divided we fall
- Let's all thank a ‘cop' today
- Vets deserve quality of life
- Support our Kurdish allies
- Dog bites are a real danger
- Banks protect information
- BESE should answer questions
- Restoring coast is best outcome
- Congratulations on great career
- Council takes a good step
- Hyacinthians have signature throw
- Extremists have too much say
- We have to do better than this
- Just say no to Loretta Lynch
- Footballs made with cruelty
- Let’s put a ban on obesity
- Do away with income taxes
- Discipline editorial unfair
- Lone wolf never far from pack
- Time to get back to basics
- Our nation is under attack