Letters to the editor
Forget about your sweetheart this Valentine's Day — focus on your own heart. Heart disease is still the nation's top killer, and experts estimate that the cost of treating cardiovascular disease in the U.S. will triple to $818 billion per year...
Robert Chouest’s defense attorney, George Ledet, said in his closing statement in the murder trial of Shawn Galjour that no one knew why Galjour was in the driveway and he and Chouest didn't know each other.
The New Orleans community continues to feel the aftershocks of a tragedy that led to the death of a toddler recently. On Jan. 20, a 3-year-old was fatally shot and killed when a gun stashed under a pillow on the bed shared with his grandmother...
This is an open letter to Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards. I teach in the UL System, and I am having trouble reconciling a few things.
We should be grateful to the presidential "debaters" for giving us a front seat view of what our government is all about.
The number of people who are forced to live without the assurance of health care coverage is continuing to decrease because of Medicaid expansion.
When it comes to strategy and performance efficiency, as a business and campaign consultant, one of the aspects that becomes a focus is regional trends, monitoring local, state and national behaviors.
Previous Letters to the editor
- Miracles happened in Thibodaux on Sunday
- Single-payer system would help health care
- Sheriffs have good insight on gun laws
- Navy boats are in peril
- Officer saves the day
- Vietnam, our war of shame
- Historic preservation helps the city
- We sold out our own economy
- Low oil prices, the oilfield and Obama
- Four oblivious apocalyptic horsemen
- Don't expect balance on the radio
- Secret to saving south Louisiana
- Lawlessness versus law enforcement
- Education is a valuable gift
- Thank you to all who helped
- Minimum wage should be increased
- Some questions about Raceland constable
- Thank you to outgoing parish president
- A resolution smokers should keep for life
- Thank you to local veterans
- Happy, healthy and humane diets
- True holiday spirit
- The true spirit of Christmas
- Consider fostering or adopting a child
- Is compromise really the answer?
- Support small business, support innovation
- Louisiana slips further in “Judicial Hellholes” ranking
- Radical Islamic terrorism
- Open letter on religious freedom
- What a charade, that Christmas parade