Letters to the editor
It is quite clear that the police cannot protect citizens as the heinous rape and murder of the pastor's wife in Indianapolis demonstrated.
I have voted in every election since 1959. This time I almost didn't as most of the races did nothing for Louisiana except keep our corrupt image to the rest of America.
The Western world has to go into Syria and Iraq to eliminate ISIS. ISIS has established a caliphate, and if we destroy it in Syria and Iraq, its tentacles in other countries will hopefully tend to wither away.
The announcement by Taco Bell that it will switch to using only cage-free American Humane Certified eggs in U.S. locations is a major victory for farm animals.
Thousands of dogs have been poisoned (some fatally) in recent years by a substance that is 100 times more toxic to dogs than chocolate — and it could be in your pantry, purse or medicine cabinet right now.
As of this writing, there are 289 members of the House of Representatives who are co-sponsors of House Resolution 969 and 34 member of the Senate who are co-sponsors of Senate Bill 681.
Louisiana’s most prominent voice on the national stage is the resident of the governor’s mansion. Thus it’s crucial that our next governor is capable of speaking eloquently and knowledgeably about our most pressing issue, our...
Previous Letters to the editor
- ALS hits veterans harder than most
- Choice is not a choice at all
- Thank you for supporting online learning
- Maybe we should just be done with it
- Teachers are already overworked, underappreciated
- Don't force racism into hiding
- A day to quit
- Time to decide
- Special interests are running Louisiana
- Jindal was committed to development
- Bloody pastime is not a right
- Consistency is needed
- Putin it to Obama
- Thank you for your kindness
- To have and to hold
- How did it all begin?
- Rouses in Raceland will be missed
- Board perks send the wrong message
- Support amendments for state infrastructure
- The schools need more prayer, not less
- Don't make it even more difficult to control your own land
- Gus Falgout of Raceland was a local unsung hero
- Restrict immigration to the Western world
- Know who you are supporting on election day
- Lawmakers made some tough decisions for health care
- Champions for Healthcare deserve our gratitude
- How about some truth for a change?
- Lafourche voters cannot fall for the campaign rhetoric
- The U.S. is in crisis, and only you can help resolve it
- Push poll is meant to deceive voters about candidate