Letters to the editor
I would like to share a very touching and proud moment I witnessed during a recent E.D. White eighth-grade baseball game.
In regards to the young boy who was caught allegedly taking a handgun to school recently, I agree with the decision of the Sheriff’s Office and School Board to make an example of this boy.
Pistol packing legislators, budgets built out of bubble gum and hay wire, cutting funds for schools and raising expectations.
This Easter, why not enjoy some vegan chocolate eggs rather than eggs laid by hens in tiny wire mesh cages?
Approximately 95 percent of the eggs produced in America come from factory-farmed hens.
The Ukraine-Russia crisis has Congress rushing to consider legislation to accelerate exports of natural gas, which will increase U.S. natural gas and electricity prices. This is despite the fact that the U.S. will not have any LNG export terminals...
My 14-year-old daughter, my husband and I experienced the kindness of strangers from Houma at the soccer complex on Little Black Bayou Road when my daughter was injured during a game recently.
How much longer will we put up with the political situation? To clarify my political affiliations, I am a registered independent and have no obligations to any party. I support people who espouse my conservative principles, no matter what their...
Previous Letters to the editor
- Don’t forget our veterans
- Power corrupts in Washington
- Be honest, help one another
- Thank you to Krewe of Hercules
- Don’t hurt our small businesses
- What’s happening to our country?
- Power deters adversaries
- Americans are losing our liberty
- Come help out a good cause
- Organs save children’s lives
- Thank you for a great Carnival
- Why so negative about Obama?
- Health care should be paid for
- Please be more considerate
- The keys to a dietitian’s heart
- An open letter to Sen. Chabert
- Surrogacy bill is a mistake
- Liberalism is holding us back
- Hold officials accountable
- Congress owes our veterans
- Gimmicks won’t help state funds
- Support Dietzel for Congress
- Councilwoman is out of line
- Don’t neglect our nation’s veterans
- Congratulations to Sen. Landrieu
- Levee lawsuit bill should die
- Income tax is not American
- Education should share windfall
- Defy the tobacco industry with us
- Nothing American about income tax