Letters to the editor
The Obama administration finally listened to our military leaders, and they are now planning on leaving 9800 troops in Afghanistan through 2016 and probably beyond. Originally they were going to draw down to 5500 troops.
We are Louisiana. We do not want to be Mississippi. And, right now our Louisiana Legislature is trying to do just that. With only a 32-cent increase in the tobacco tax, it will put us at a 68-cent tobacco tax, equal to our neighbors. That 68-cent...
Each year millions of Americans get a sinking feeling when they receive a summons for jury duty.
It's hard to tell if Editorial Page Editor Michael Gorman is only anti-Jindal or anti-Christian in general. After all, he recently called the Christian organization American Family Association "a really nice name for a really nasty bunch of people."
Remember that salmonella outbreak that sickened more than 1,900 people in 2010?
I find the article in your May 1 edition concerning the eviction of My Heart's Desire animal rescue group to be very sad news.
On Mother's Day and throughout the year, mothers in Louisiana deserve better treatment than they are getting.
Previous Letters to the editor
- Food drive takes place Saturday
- State should raise tobacco tax
- Marijuana has uses for the state
- Who is your role model?
- Leadership is needed on taxes
- Dardenne has helped victims
- We don’t need Hillary Clinton
- All for religious objections bill
- Transplants are saving lives
- Time to make better decisions
- Leeville festival was a success
- Thank you for fire response
- Coastal money belongs here
- LSU needs a source of money
- Today things are different
- What is scary about fair tax?
- State needs to fix its retirement
- Don't give up on the students
- Celebrate elephant decision
- Give Grover Norquist a break
- The world is now at war
- Make Congress support veterans
- Where is outcry over abortion?
- Obama desperate to change U.S.
- Goodbye to a boss and a friend
- Board showed wrong attitude
- Common Core is about control
- Decision was a good one
- United we stand, divided we fall
- Let's all thank a ‘cop' today