Letters to the editor
Hooray for the John Birch Society again. Upon reading all the discussions about climate change, I would like to report that the JBS's flagship magazine, The New American, has its main article titled "The Global Warming a Hoax? — Actual...
I join the officers and the members of the Louisiana Retired Teachers Association's executive board in expressing dismay at and extreme disappointment with Gov. Jindal's veto of House Bill No. 42.
Since the Toxic Substances Control Act to regulate chemicals was first created in 1976, we have forced chemicals down the throats of animals, stuffed animals into restraint tubes to inhale poisonous vapors and burned their skin with corrosive...
"Choose your battles well." These words of wisdom have been around for a long time. But, as is so often the case, when it comes to wisdom, many people don't get it.
It is sad to see another police officer gunned down by a suspect who was being transported to jail. As the investigation continues, the shooter will no doubt turn out to be a career criminal.
The more I watch Fox News and MSNBC, the more I feel like I'm watching "The Wizard of Oz" and "Dumb and Dumber." These aren't news stations; they are strictly entertainment stations with biased agendas for the Republicans and Democrats.
As your recent article about the pit bulls who were recently rescued from a dogfighting ring in Terrebonne Parish points out, chaining dogs is common practice among dogfighters. In light of this, I urge officials to help prevent cruelty to animals...
Previous Letters to the editor
- Don't forget small businesses
- A good thing for Louisiana
- Congress must protect veterans
- The phantom Iraqi army
- Representative hurting women
- Would anyone choose this?
- Troops needed in Afghanistan
- Tax would help Louisiana
- Courtroom needs a full jury box
- Columnist got it wrong
- Egg industry uses cruelty
- Animals have to suffer
- Women deserve equal pay
- Food drive takes place Saturday
- State should raise tobacco tax
- Marijuana has uses for the state
- Who is your role model?
- Leadership is needed on taxes
- Dardenne has helped victims
- We don’t need Hillary Clinton
- All for religious objections bill
- Transplants are saving lives
- Time to make better decisions
- Leeville festival was a success
- Thank you for fire response
- Coastal money belongs here
- LSU needs a source of money
- Today things are different
- What is scary about fair tax?
- State needs to fix its retirement