Letters to the editor
Without our veterans and those who made the ultimate sacrifice, where would America be today? It is anyone’s guess; however certainly not with the freedom and liberty we enjoy. We have ownership, jobs, health care, cars any number of...
Teachers and parents have recently become vocal about their opposition to Common Core, which has sparked some questions: Why is there a national debate about Common Core?
The United States was founded by people who believed in religious liberty. America’s first freedom was this liberty. The Declaration of Independence says, “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that...
Apparently all the “do-gooders” and the Obama administration think we do. American citizens wonder how our future will be affected by children from other countries coming across the borders to find liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
A recent news report said no “stand down” order came in Benghazi and that military officers supported the decision to stay in Tripoli. This information doesn’t pass the smell test in my book. Why, you ask. Because I have seen and...
I am writing this letter in response to the midday brutal killings of our two wonderful, sweet-natured 5-year-old cats in our shop next to our house down Isle of Cuba Road in Schriever. This is a message of concern to inform our responsible...
Do you want fries with that wood pulp?
Recent news reports show that many fast food companies are now using “powdered cellulose,” or wood pulp, in their cheeseburgers, chicken sandwiches, fish filets and other menu items.
Previous Letters to the editor
- Take part in the coming elections
- Help protect our wilderness
- Abolish the IRS for good of U.S.
- Nicholls should eliminate football
- It is not too late for America
- President Obama deserves respect
- Obama harming the United States
- Thanks for all the support
- Common Core's strange allies
- Administration ignores the law
- Are these people above the law?
- Our system works for the people
- Is Mary Landrieu buying support?
- Obama owns Iraqi quagmire
- Louisianans deserve fair shot
- Cartoon unfair to U.S. soldier
- What happened to trust fund?
- Thank you for TGMC program
- Fair tax would end IRS tyranny
- School workers deserve a raise
- Bergdahl trade was a bad deal
- Suspension unfair to justice
- Thank you for a fantastic event
- Congress must act now for vets
- City should make an exception
- Military was disrespected
- Thank you to all who helped
- Put an end to the smokescreen
- Still waiting for an explanation
- Help education, cut consultants