Letters to the editor
Robert Chouest is asking to use Lafourche Parish tax dollars to pay a public defender who costs $21,495 to appeal his case. He was declared indigent because he is in Angola state prison. Of course he is indigent. He is in jail for murder.
Our nation’s power grid is susceptible both to solar events and to terrorist and military attacks. Hundreds of millions of lives could be wiped out by an electromagnetic pulse event.
For many of us who have lived in Houma for most of our lives, the fear of hurricanes and flooding has always been in the back of our minds.
On Aug, 22, I read an opinion piece by Daniel Akerson. I would like to thank him for his military service too America. Next, I would ask, did you get your news only from CNN? You said the office of the president requires "competence, integrity,...
On Aug.29, the newspaper's opinion on corporal punishment is totally wrong, and so is the ACLU. Will we the people ever take charge of our families and our lives again?
The Constitution of the United States is the central legal document of American government and the supreme law of the land. For 229 years, it has provided the basis for individual freedom and political stability.
I am a volunteer for The American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life events in Lafourche Parish. I am proud to not only raise money, but also to donate my time and money to saving lives, preventing cancer and finding cures. It’s something...
Previous Letters to the editor
- Group advocates government transparency
- Two flawed candidates for president
- Protecting Louisiana's fisheries
- A pro-life Democrat of the future
- Article brings back memories of service
- First in taxes, last in education
- The corps should fix our coast
- Discrimination hurts the state in many ways
- Edison Chouest has a long, proud history
- Hillary Clinton would be a terrible mistake
- Trump's speech, actions are disturbing
- Thank you for passing a good law
- How does the turtle cross the road?
- Hillary Clinton is the clear choice
- Aborted lives matter too
- Thank police officers for all they do
- Trump be more vocal on abortion
- Obama started the war on police
- State Sen. Troy Brown should resign
- Support our police officers
- Working together brings improvement
- Our students always come last
- A separate set of rules for Clintons
- Direct flights to Germany will be a boon
- Thanks to all for a great turnout
- The media make things worse in America
- Member backs reducing size of School Board
- Britain's decision makes good sense
- One of Lafourche's finest passes on
- Cruelty goes beyond dog-meat festival